Skip to content
Why do you need it?
- Equipment PM (Preventive Maintenace) takes a few hours and has a large impact on the operation of the production equipment before and after it.
- The buffer between equipments is normally small when factory operation is optimized by TPS and JIT. In this case, production volume is largely affected before and after PM.
- There are too many factors affecting PM.
|Forward PM||Backward PM||Synchronous PM|
|Required buffers ||small||large||–|
- Forward PM: Start of the second facility PM after completion of the first facility PM
- Backward PM: Start of previous facility PM after completion of last facility PM
- Synchronous PM: Start all equipments in line simultaneously PM